We're looking at a return to warm, dry weather after a rain-filled week of milder temps. Here's the forecast from the National Weather Service.
Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 85 degrees and a low around 64 degrees. Winds will be calm at 5 mph.
Tuesday will be sunny with a high near 89 degrees and a low around 68 degrees.
Looking ahead, Bix Saturday will be mostly sunny with a high near 91 degrees.
• Road closures in Davenport for the Bix
In order to make room for this week's Bix celebration, a couple of roads throughout Davenport will be closed. (See map.)
• East 3rd St., East 4th St. and LeClaire St. will be closed from 1 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Saturday, but will be open to Bix Packet pickup and BlackHawk Hotel customers until 9 p.m. Friday.
• Emerson Place and Perry St. will be closed from 10 a.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Saturday.
• West 3rd St. will be closed from 9 a.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Sunday.
• Brady Street will be closed north to Palmer Drive from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday.
• West 2nd Street, East 4th St. between Main and Pershing, and Brady St. and Pershing Ave. below East 4th St. will all be closed from 6 a.m. Saturday to 12 p.m. Saturday.
• New for many Bix guests: Navigating the I-74 bridge work
The old interstate 74 bridge, which is reduced to one lane and one exit, is likely to be a well-used route for many of those taking part in next weekend's Quad-City Times Bix 7.
While the Mississippi River isn't on the Bix course, many out-of-town visitors will be getting their first look at — and first drive across — the new I-74 bridge and what is left of the remaining span of the old bridge. Read more.
Today's top news headlines
There have been 17 officer-involved shootings in the Quad Cities in the last five years. We've put together a summary of each of the shootings and what happened after.
The grocery chain will be on the southeast corner of Devils Glen and Belmont Roads.
DES MOINES — A new state law that bars schools from denying students from enrolling in other public districts in order to maintain demographic diversity is already having a significant impact on some Iowa districts with large minority populations.
Crime, courts and public safety news
The driver of a Davenport police squad car took out a light pole and ran into a ditch Friday evening at East Kimberly Road and East 36th Street to avoid striking a car that pulled out in front the squad.
A man was injured Friday when he was dragged by a freight train at Warren and 5th streets in Davenport.
A Rock Island man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly hitting a one-year-old child with a dog leash.
Lifestyle and entertainment headlines
It’s race week for all of those running the Quad-City Times Bix 7! I wish you nothing but a smooth day and cool temps along the way. Don’t forget to smile and have some fun out there.
Happy 4th of July weekend! Hope you had a nice time. Our weekend was a mix of work and relaxation, as usual on the farm. It sure was a beautiful weekend, whatever your plans were.
Today's top sports headlines
Pleasant Valley sisters Addie and Avery Menke come from a family who produced a big leaguer and a Hall of Fame softball coach.
A capsule look at the five state quarterfinal softball games involving Quad-City area schools:
Sophia Del Vecchio, one of just two seniors on the Bettendorf softball team, leads the Bulldogs into their second straight state tournament this week.
Today's photo galleries