Bettendorf Fire Department responded to a fire in the 4000 block on Lilienthal Street Wednesday afternoon.
Four people — a mother and three children — were in the house when the dryer caught fire, according to a Thursday news release.
One of the kids noticed smoke coming from the laundry room, and the mother called 911.
They all got out of the house safely, and the fire department quickly put out the fire.
The damage from the fire is estimated to be about $20,000.
Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter
Get the latest in local public safety news with this weekly email.