Broadway Church plans to give away clothes
Broadway Church, 710 23rd St., Rock Island, will host a free clothing giveaway from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 16.
Many sizes of clothing for men, women, boys, girls, toddlers and babies will be available, along with books and miscellaneous household items.
Volunteers are welcome. For more information, call 309-786-2631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q-C man writes book on church leadership
Paulist Press has published “Pastoral Leadership: Best Practices for Church Leaders” by Dan Ebener of Davenport.
An author, teacher and speaker, Ebener has developed leaders for churches, businesses and community organizations since 1976. He teaches strategic planning, team building and leadership skills for the Master of Organizational Leadership program at St. Ambrose University, Davenport.
He also continues to work part time as director of stewardship and parish planning for the Diocese of Davenport.
Ebener owns Quad-City Leadership Consulting Inc.
He has spoken to audiences in 43 states and 20 countries, and has written many articles and four books on leadership.
Lenten Concert Series set at Two Rivers Church
The 28th annual free Lenten Concert Series at Two Rivers United Methodist Church will begin March 13. Concerts will begin at 12:15 p.m. every Wednesday through April 17 at the church, 1820 5th Ave., Rock Island.
Attendees can bring a lunch and sit in the sanctuary.
The performers will include:
- March 13: Bret Dale and Friends of River Music Experience; blues, folk and early rock music.
- March 20: Aubrey Barnes; spoken-word poetry.
- March 27: Rockridge High School Show Choirs and Madrigal Choir.
- April 3: Mark Zyla; classical works for French horn.
- April 10: Edgar Crocket and David Holcomb; American jazz classics.
- April 17: Classical pianist Perry Mears.
For more information, contact Mark Swessinger, Two Rivers music director, at 309-788-9384 or email@example.com.
Through Sunday, March 10
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church, 2324 18th Ave., Rock Island, will work with Companions Journeying Together Inc. to provide packets of material for juvenile and female inmates in Illinois institutions, making it possible for them to contact families and friends. Donations of stamps, stationery, Mother’s Day cards, blank cards, and money will be collected at the church. 309-236-5799.
Sunday, March 17
First Lutheran Church, 1600 20th St., Rock Island, will serve its annual St. Joseph's Feast from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. The free meal will feature Italian dishes.
ROCK ISLAND -- Benet House at St. Mary Monastery, 2200 88th Ave. West, Rock Island, will host the following upcoming programs and events:
• Centering Prayer: 1-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, April 3, 10, 17.
• Break-a-Way Day of Prayer and Quiet: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, April 3.
• The Word Among Us: 1-2:30 p.m. Mondays, April 8 and 22.
• Taize Prayer: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11.