Liver Pate -- Quad-Cities Online Recipe Book
Search Recipes

Submit a recipe
 

Appetizers:

Liver Pate

Comment on this recipe

Ingredients

8 ounces chicken livers
1 small onion, halved
1 tablespoon butter
2 hard cooked eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Parsley for garnish

Instructions

Brown chicken livers with onion and butter. Put liver mixture and eggs through food chopper until mixed. Add mayo, lemon juice, curry, paprika, salt, pepper and mustard. Mix well or run in the food processor again. Line a small bowl with wax paper and pour in mixture. Chill overnight or you can freeze it too. When serving, garnish with parsley.

Elaine DeClerck
Moline



Local events heading








  Today is Sunday, April 20, the 110th day of 2014. There are 255 days left in the year.

1864 -- 150 years ago: The attention of contractors is called to proposals for building a magazine. The building is to be erected on the south side of the island, above the railroad, nearly opposite Sinnit's ice houses.
1889 -- 125 years ago: Ladies patent leather tip shoes were selling for $3 at the M & K store, and men's spring overcoats were advertised at $7.50.
1914 -- 100 years ago: Fred Feuchter, of Davenport, was elected president of the Tri-City Post Office Clerks club, and Joe Goldsmith, of Rock Island, was named secretary treasurer.
1939 -- 75 years ago: Mass vaccination of more than 1,600 employed of the Rock Island Arsenal has been ordered by Col. Norman Ramsey after a 13-year-old daughter of the Arsenal manager became ill with smallpox.
1964 -- 50 years ago: The 1964 Scout-O-Rama of the Sac-Fox Council of Boy Scouts closed a two-day session last evening at the Rock Island Armory with 5,000 paid attendance.
1989 -- 25 years ago: "From the horse and buggy days ... to this" said Mercer County Sheriff Marvin Thirtyacre, waving his hand to indicate the sheriff's department facilities at the new $1.5 million Mercer County Jail in Aledo.




(More History)