Q-C Online support pages
Technical support article
Setting up an email program
Once you have an email program installed on your computer you will need to provide it with important information so that you can use it to access your mail through Quad-Cities OnlineŽ. Comprehensive setup instructions are provided for the following email programs.
These instructions assume that you have an email program already installed on your system. If you do not, then you will need to go to the download page and get one.
Note: If you are configuring your E-mail for a secondary mailbox, please see the instructions for Setting Up Additional Mailboxes.
- Inside your E-mail program click on Tools and go down to Accounts (or Services)
- Inside the Account Settings window, look for the Mail section at the top and click it to highlight it/select it.
- Find your QC-Online E-mail account, click on it to highlight it, and click the Properties button to the side (this button may be called View/Change in Outlook). If you have never set up Email on this computer, click on ADD.
- Go to the Servers section at the top.
- The incoming mail server type is still POP3
- The Incoming mail server name should read POP.GMAIL.COM
- The outgoing mail server should read SMTP.GMAIL.COM
- Your Account name should be changed to be your entire E-mail address. For example customer with a username of "JohnDoe" would put in username of "JohnDoe@qconline.com" .
- Enter your password where requested. Passwords on our system are atleast 8 characters long. If your password is less than 8 characters long you can try adding "qconline" to the end of it or call 309-757-5037 to change your password.
- Do NOT check the option for using Secure Password Authentication. We do NOT use this setting.
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication MUST be checked/enabled. If you are using Outlook, you may have to select the More Settings button to find this option.
- Now click on the Advanced tab at the top of the window. If you are using Outlook, you may have to select the More Settings button to find the Advanced Tab.
*Outgoing server (SMTP) port: 465
*This server requires a secure connection (SSL) checked/enabled
*Incoming server (POP3) port: 995
*This server requires a secure connection (SSL) needs to be checked/enabled
- Click APPLY and OK to save the new settings.
- Close the Internet Accounts window.
- Restart your E-mail application and the new settings will take effect.