Keepsakes on Sundays is a special place to share memories.
Each Sunday in The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus, Keepsakes records the slices of life that mark time for you, your friends and your family . an engagement, a wedding, an anniversary, the arrival of a grandchild, and much more.
HERE'S HOW TO USE KEEPSAKES:
- DEADLINES - Photos, photo captions and announcement stories are due Mondays at 5 p.m. at The Dispatch, 1720 5th Ave., Moline, 13 days before your preferred Sunday of publication.
- All photo captions and announcements should be typed. Include your name, address and a daytime phone number.
- Color and black-and-white photos (glossy finish is best) can be submitted. Negatives and slides also can be used. No pictures in frames, please. Your color picture can be published in black-and-white. Blurred, faded, improperly lit or Polaroid images will not reproduce well. Photos can be wallet size or bigger. All photos will be published full view unless specific cropping is indicated at the time of delivery. Black-and-white photo Keepsakes may appear on page 2 if the front page is full.
- Photos can be printed one, two or three columns wide. Do not cut photos down to size. Include your name and address on the back. TO HAVE PHOTOS RETURNED, ADD $2 TO THE COST OR PROVIDE A SELFADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE. Unreturned photos will be discarded after publication.
- The rate for black-and-white published photos is $15 per inch of depth in one-column size, $30 per inch of depth in two-column size, and $45 per inch of depth in three-column size. (Ex: A two-column black-and-white photo two inches deep is $60.) To publish your picture in color, add $35 per photo.
- You select the category heading which best fits your item at no charge. Photo captions print in all capital letters and bold print and are $3 per line. The announcement stories print in upper and lower case letters and at 30 cents per word or $25 minimum without photo. We reserve the right to reject any item submitted for publication.
- Your Keepsakes announcement and photo also can appear on the Internet for three months for the whole world and your out-of-town relatives and friends to see! You can get a posting on our website at www.qconline.com/keepsakes for an additional $10.
- Pre-payment is required for all submissions. Checks, cash and credit cards are accepted. Please do not mail cash.
THREE EASY WAYS TO SUBMIT:
- Bring It. Bring your photos and text to the customer service department at any Dispatch/Argus office during normal business hours.
- Mail It. Mail your photos and text to: Keepsakes, The Dispatch, 1720 5th Ave., Moline, IL, 61265. Please include a daytime telephone number in case our staff has questions.
- E-Mail It. E-mail your photos and text to: email@example.com. Please include a daytime telephone number in case our staff has questions. Emailed photos must be submitted as a TIF or high resolution JPEG format.