Day in history for July 25, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Harper's Weekly has been received by Mr. Levett at his book store. It is one of the most interesting numbers ever issued.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The city council has instructed the Milan Street Car Co. to raise the level of its tracts to that of 7th Avenue.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- The Booster Club expedition to Muscatine yesterday was a great success. About 150 persons took the river excursion.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Concerted action by the Quad-Cities to obtain more work for the Rock Island Arsenal will be asked by the Rock Island City Council under a resolution introduced by Ald. George L. Schmid. Quad-Cities municipal officials and civic leaders will be called to a conference to make increased activity for the Arsenal Andquot;an issue now and in the future.Andquot;
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- A crowd estimated to exceed 7,000 persons viewed the 34th annual Lantern Parade in Rock Island Public Schools Stadium last night. Children from Lincoln Park earned the $10 presented to the playground with the best display. The money is scheduled to be used in setting up a party for all the youngsters on the playground.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- The old Paradise Theater in downtown Moline should be torn down by the end of the week.The city council voted to buy the theater and convert it into green space.
Back: Available days in July 2008