Day in history for July 10, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- We have been informed of the appointment of Capt. William Frizzell of Rock Island to the position of U.S. Deputy Marshal for the northern district of Illinois.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The school law has been changed. The supervisor now must hold quarterly examinations for teachers.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- H.H. Cleveland is chairman of the executive committee in charge of the arrangements for the state Knights Templar meeting.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Taking full advantage of a familiar course, the Short Hills Country Club golf team yesterday swept through the second round of 1933 Velie Cup matches in East Moline.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- The Quad-City area is currently being used as one of the testing markets for a new product, Silvikrin Shampoo. Originally discovered by a German chemist in 1926, and further processed in England, Silvikrin is manufactured in the United States by Harold F. Ritchie Inc.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Leanna Moen of Moline is a first-time designer and through her unique Andquot;Sweetie CapAndquot; has returned dignity to many women cancer patients all across the country. The cap is a turban made of soft cotton or terrycloth. A lock of hair, cut to look like bangs, is attached with Velcro at the front of the cap. Andquot;It restores their dignity,Andquot; said Mrs. Moen.
Back: Available days in July 2008