Day in history for June 8, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The notice to those who own lots which require filling up, should be heeded if they do not wish to see the supervisor around their premises.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Carse and Ohlweiler, bottlers, celebrated their 15th anniversary yesterday by offering free drinks to all visitors.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Cash contributions turned over to the Bethany home last evening totaled $1,800.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- The roof garden of the LeClaire Hotel, Moline, will be opened tomorrow night for the summer season, it was announced today by L. M. Harvey, manager. Plans have been made to hold dances Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Dr. L.J. Evans of Davenport, with a pure white Edith Krause entry, won queen of the show honors at the 18th Annual rose show held in Scottish Rite Cathedral yesterday under auspices of the Tri-City Men's Rose and Garden Club. There were more than 2,000 entries in the show, which attracted a large crowd until the storm broke late yesterday afternoon.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Jeffrey Alan Senatra, who graduated from United Township High School, East Moline, this year, was named a 1983 United States National Award winner in art. Senatra was nominated by teacher Theresa Fooken. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Phillip J. Senatra, Silvis.
Back: Available days in June 2008