Day in history for June 6, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- A company from Moline has chartered the boat Rock Island for a pleasure excursion down the river. They left this morning. We hope they have a pleasant time.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- There still remains $30,000 in delinquent taxes, according to figures issued by the county treasurer.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- The first of the summer series of concerts at Watch Tower Park was given by Peterson's Band last evening.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Clarence Andquot;BusAndquot; Thoman of Moline, former Augustana College athlete, accepted the position of basketball and track coach at New Boston High School. For the past two seasons, Thoman has been basketball coach at St. Mary's High School in Moline.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- A community-wide testimonial dinner will be held for United Township High School baseball team at 6:30 Tuesday night in American Legion Building. Players, coaches and managers of the team, which reached quarter finals at state, will be honored at the dinner sponsored by six East Moline community organizations.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Some flew in. Some drove their cars. Some rode motorcycles. But no matter how they arrived, everyone at Sunday's Mercer County Fly-In, Drive-In Breakfast and Air Show had a good time. It was the largest turnout ever in the 12-year history of the air show.
Back: Available days in June 2008