Day in history for June 5, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- At Cook's Family Drug Store may be found some Andquot;extract of alabasterAndquot; a new and refreshing summer beverage.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The monthly report of the Rock Island Public Library shows that 1,231 books were in circulation during May.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Diplomas will be given to 63 graduates of Rock Island High School at commencement exercises tonight.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- The Quad-Cities sweltered in record breaking heat today. At 2 this afternoon the official temperature at the Quad-City Weather Bureau was 97 degrees.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Banning of dancing at the Moline municipal swimming pool was announced today by the Moline Playground and Recreation Board. The board cited a serious problem in supervising the activity and threats on several occasions last year against the Moline pool manager when he sought to have dancers Andquot;dance in a normal and decent manner.Andquot;
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- David and Julie Rash of Geneseo are real-life father and daughter, and now they'll have a chance to play father and daughter on the stage. Dr. David Rash plays the father, Frank, and Julie portrays his oldest daughter, Anne, in the comedy Andquot;Cheaper by the Dozen.Andquot; The play is the first summer production of Richmond Hill Players at the Richmond Hill Park Barn Theater in Geneseo.
Back: Available days in June 2008