Day in history for June 25, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Workmen yesterday were engaged in raising a couple of frame buildings on Madison St., between Orleans and Rock River.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Closing exercises of St. Joseph's Parochial School will be held June 28 and 29.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- John P. McGoorty of Chicago, aspirant for the Democratic nomination for governor, will address Rock Island citizens at the Harper House tomorrow.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Louis W. Joseph of New York, known professionally as Joe Frisco, former star of Ziegfield Follies and Earl Carroll's Vanities, is spending the weekend with his mother, Mrs. Elizabeth Joseph, and his sister, Mrs. R.G. Sweet, both of Rock Island.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Moline's second annual water show, to be staged July 13 along the waterfront west of 34th St., will be sponsored by the Moline Jaycees, according to action taken last night by the harbor development committee meeting in the city hall.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- In connection with Illinois' new child passenger restraint law, Illini Hospital is sponsoring a child safety week Monday through Friday. The hospital will have free public showings of the film Andquot;Car Safety: Don't Risk Your Child's LifeAndquot; Wednesday through Friday. Later in the year, Illini will sponsor a car seat rental program.
Back: Available days in June 2008