Day in history for June 22, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- To all lovers of good ice cream we would recommend the Andquot;Castle House, Andquot; kept by Mr. Wm. Hurst, as the place to obtain it. Young men of Rock Island you cannot find a more pleasant retreat these fine summer evenings, accompanied by a fair one, than the above named place, situated as it is, in the most pleasant part of the city, on Illinois street, between Ohio and Exchange.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Theodore Thomas' orchestra presented a fine concert at Harper's theatre last night.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- A storm that struck Rock Island last night caused considerable damage. Many streets were blocked with trees that were uprooted.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- A Fourth of July celebration will be staged at Erie this year under the auspices of the Erie Community High School band, and proceeds realized from concessions on the grounds will go to the band fund.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Pinball seizures expected to net a total of 16 machines were begun this morning in Silvis and Moline on orders of State's Atty. Bernard J. Moran, he said an investigation had shown payoffs were made on each of the 16 machines.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- More than 30 boats will parade down the river, skiers will demonstrate their skills and a Dixieland band will play during Saturday's Year of the River Regatta.
Back: Available days in June 2008