Day in history for June 21, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- A monkey circus and dramatic troupe, one of the greatest amusements of the season, will be in Rock Island tomorrow.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The committee appointed to advertise for bids for the erection of a new county building met this afternoon in the office of the county clerk.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Rumor has it that the Rock Island city council will shortly be asked to grant a franchise to a new light and power company.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for a meeting of the voting members of Immanuel Lutheran Church to be held Friday in the school basement for the purpose of calling a pastor to the congregation, were made by the congregation yesterday. A special board meeting will be held Tuesday when names of possible candidates will be discussed.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Short Hills Country Club will make its most severe challenge to wrest the Velie Cup from Oakwood Country Club tomorrow when it hosts the third round of the Quad-City country club golf series over its own familiar course.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Franciscan Medical Center, Rock Island, has bought two acres of property at 100 W. 20th Ave., Milan, where it will build branch medical offices that will house two family physicians. Plans are now being drawn for an office building of about 3,000 square feet.
Back: Available days in June 2008