Day in history for June 19, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Yesterday we were given new potatoes, raised by Mr. Albert in his garden. We believe them to be the first of the season.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Sheriff Reticker has returned from Decatur where he attended a state convention of county officers.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Walter A. Rosenfield motored from Chicago to Rock Island in the machine of M.C. Allen of Moline.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Nearly 400 volunteer solicitors were on hand at 8 this morning to take the field in the campaign for signatures on depositors trust agreements to put into effect the plan for reopening of the Rock Island Bank Andamp; Trust Co. Paul A. Dahlen is chairman of the campaign.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Construction of a 12-room medical clinic opposite the East Moline City Hall will begin about July 1, it was announced today by Dr. George A. Cook.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Illinois 84 at 19th Street in East Moline will reopen Tuesday, announced R.C. Wehner, district engineer, Illinois Department of Transportation. The roadway has been closed at the railroad crossing just north of Illinois 92 (17th Street) in East Moline since May 31, when Brandt Construction Co. began reconstruction of the crossing. The patience of the traveling public has been appreciated, said Mr. Wehner.
Back: Available days in June 2008