Day in history for June 18, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- If you wish to save the expense of a trip to Saratoga Springs, just drop in at Cook's drug store for a bottle of the genuine Saratoga water.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- A large crowd attended the social held by First Methodist Church last night.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- U.S. Kerr, celebrated basso, was heard in a recital at Central Presbyterian Church last night.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Persistent late inning rallies and Tony Gober's relief hurling gave Peoria its third straight victory over Rock Island last night by an 8-7 score. Davenport regained the Valley League lead by taking a doubleheader from Quincy. Ed Hall starred in the Davenport offense.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- The Geneseo City Council will take under advisement objections to the recently voted increase from 10 cents to 25 cents in parking meter violation fines.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Nineteen students will leave July 2 for Augustana's 1983 summer school in Germany, a nine-week program combining language study and travel. The group will spend six weeks studying in Passau and three weeks touring East and West Germany. Local students include Joseph Buck, Moline; Kai Swanson, Rock Island; and Christopher VanSpeybroeck, East Moline.
Back: Available days in June 2008