Day in history for June 15, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The county treasurer was going to sell the great bridge yesterday, for taxes. The attorney for the company tried to secure an injunction to restrain him from so doing, but it failed. Arrangements were afterwards made for the payment of the taxes, and the bridge was not sold.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The Alumni Association of the Rock Island high school held its annual reunion at Armory Hall last night, and everyone present enjoyed the program.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- The semi-annual report of the Visiting Nurse association showed that 61 patients were treated during the six months' period.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- An outdoor amateur boxing program will be staged tonight, starting at 8:30 o'clock, at Buck Sarginson's Arena Gardens in East Moline. The final bout was lined up today, when Glen Sible of Rock Island agreed to meet Pete Bozikis of East Moline in a 3-rounder at 118 pounds. There will be seven bouts and an exhibition.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Lewis Sabaski, 3305 9th St., Moline, today became Moline's Fathers Day Dad, as a result of a drawing from among 29 names in Association of Commerce offices yesterday.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Ground was broken for First National Bank of the Quad-Cities new Rock Valley Plaza Branch at Blackhawk Road and 38th Street, Rock Island.
Back: Available days in June 2008