Day in history for June 11, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- James Brodrick at the Shamrock House charges $2.50 a week for his rooms.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Captain Whitney's new stern wheeler, Edith, was launched from the Kahike Boat Yards, this morning.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Voting precincts in Rock Island County were changed today by the County Board of Supervisors.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Supervisor James A. Moran assumed full personal charge of the Rock Island Township relief office and Edwin F. McCarthy, former justice of the peace, who had been retained the past month by the new Democratic administration as relief clerk in the township office, terminated his services.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Comprehensive preliminary plans for the new Administrative Center of Deere Andamp; Co. southeast of Moline were approved this week by the company's board of directors, it was announced today by President William A. Hewitt.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Jennifer Lynn Adams, 17, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William J. Adams of 8612 158th St. West, Taylor Ridge, has been selected as a state finalist in the 1983 Miss United Teenager Pageant. Adams will compete in the state finals at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 4 in Normal, Ill., the preliminary for the national contest. Adams is being sponsored by Dr. J. DeBlois of Davenport. She is a student at Rockridge High School.
Back: Available days in June 2008