Day in history for June 10, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The new Trinity Church edifice on Orleans Street will be consecrated next Friday by the Rt. Rev. Mr Whitehouse. Also, the Rev. Henry Stanley will be instituted as rector of the parish
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- A 16-inch water main burst in Rock Island yesterday, causing a great deal of inconvenience.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Modern Woodmen now totals over the million member mark. The record books now list 1,000,370 members.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- One-act plays awarded first and second places in the annual Marshall Dramatic Contest will be presented at the Fort Theater under the auspices of the Junior Chamber of Commerce to raise funds for the yard and garden contest of the Jaycees.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Mr. and Mrs. George P. Schermerhorn of 3159 23rd Ave., Moline, were named the king and queen of this district at a recent state convention of the State Farm Insurance Co. in Springfield. The Schermerhorns received their award for outstanding production.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- President Reagan doesn't know it yet, but he's about to get a gift from a Moline firefighter. The beautifully hand-carved plaque depicts the seal the Moline man designed for the National Fire Academy at Emmitsburg, Md. Robert L. Lenger, 35, wants to thank the president for his support of the academy.
Back: Available days in June 2008