Day in history for May 6, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The regular monthly meeting of the Young Men's Assn. will be held Thursday. Exercises will consist of essays, declamations and reviews.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Liverymen did a good business yesterday as many young men treated their best girl to a buggy ride.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- A new newspaper, the Daily Republican, made its first appearance in Moline today. Sam Kennedy is manager of the paper.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Much favorable comment has attended the production of the Passion Play written and directed by the Rev. David A. Johnson, former pastor of Central Presbyterian Church of Rock Island. The Kearney, Neb., Chamber of Commerce has requested that it be shown July 12-16. Last summer was the first time the work had been presented and it was enthusiastically received at that time.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- More than 250 former pupils and other friends of Edith Anderson attended the open house in her honor recently in Lincoln School, Moline. Miss Anderson will retire at the end of the school year after 46 years of teaching in Moline schools.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- The Coal Valley Village Board has hired William Wehner And Associates of Davenport to conduct a mosquito abatement program at a cost of $5,200.
Back: Available days in May 2008