Day in history for May 3, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- We hope business will continue to improve until we have the good times everybody has been wishing for.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The county board of supervisors yesterday voted to spend $7,000 in building a house for the offices of the circuit and county judges.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- A killing frost was experienced last night. It did untold damage to crops throughout the area.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island High School golf tournament was completed this week with George Birkhahn winning the championship. Birkhahn defeated Robert Peterson, one up, in the finals.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Open house will be held from 3 to 5 tomorrow afternoon in the new headquarters of the combined Child Guidance and Mental Health Center of Rock Island County, 1150 12th Ave., Moline. The Child Guidance Conference was organized in 1932 and the Mental Health 23 years later. The two agencies combined in 1957 and moved into the new headquarters early this year.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- The fifth annual Cambridge Charity Hunter Horse Show will be May 14 and 15 at the Henry County Fairgrounds in Cambridge. Each year the event benefits a different Quad-City area charity and this year proceeds go to Arrowhead Ranch. Stalls are available for the B-rated show, which is INHJA-approved.
Back: Available days in May 2008