Day in history for May 11, 2008
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The audience which assembled at Harper's theatre last night to witness the 'Black Crook' was greatly pleased with the presentation. Jack Frost was around again last night, damaging the tender plants. W. W. Cole's huge circus will appear in Rock Island May 30.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- A small Cyclone is reported to have hit Barstow, Cleveland, and other surrounding villages late this afternoon, destroying much property.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Additional pledges reported this morning by workers in the Rock Island community chest campaign, swelled the total subscribed to $9,336.22
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Advocation of a permanent Moline rink, long a project sought by the city's teenagers, last night was under lively debate during a meeting of the group work and recreation committee of the Moline Community Welfare Council.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Richard G. Wharton, director of materials management for Deere And Co., will speak on 'The Factory of the Future' at the May 18 meeting of the Quad-Cities Chapter of American Production and Inventory Control Society.
Back: Available days in May 2008