Day in history for April 6, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Yesterday as a lager beer wagon was passing along opposite the Vermont Hotel, one of the 'bungs' came out. The lager flowed freely out of the cask, a waste of lager.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- A considerable fall of snow last evening closed one of the most disagreable days ever experienced in this latitude in this part of the year.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- The final speeches prior to the Rock Island election on the liquor question will be made tonight. Clarence Darrow of Chicago will speak for the Anti-Prohibition Society at the Illinois Theatre and Sam Small will address an audience for the Local Option League at the roller skating rink.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Real beer which abdicated 13 years ago when the federal prohibition law became effective, will return tomorrow to Rock Island. Beer cannot leave breweries until 12:01 o'clock Friday morning.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Miss Barbara Dunlap, grand worthy advisor of the Order of the Rainbow in Illinois, made her official visit to the Moline Assembly No. 22 in the Scottish Rite Cathedral.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- The Paradise Theater soon will pass into the city's hand and then into history. The council voted to buy the venerable movie house, and it will be demolished and converted to green space.
Back: Available days in April 2008