Day in history for April 22, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- There are at present a large number of dogs running at large. The mayor has the power at any time to appoint persons with special authority to kill all dogs found running at large, unless they are securely muzzled. It is believed that there are a number of mad dogs about.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Billboards throughout the city were almost total wrecks due to a heavy wind last night.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- New uniforms of the Elks Baseball Assn. were distributed last evening at their regular meeting.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Official of Augustana College today stated the situation which yesterday resulted in suspension of the college for a year from the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, will probably be remedied before next fall.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island high school has its own one-man band in senior Bob Turner, Bob plays the piano, oboe, clarinet, tuba, pipe and electric organs, bass violin, accordion, tympani, and vibraphone. He hasn't studied extensively on any one of them, but because of his musicianship, he can handle all with ease and skill.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- A toothpick inserted in a law book determined that Tony Copeland will continue to serve as village trustee and Craig Roberts will not. Copeland picked the long toothpick.
Back: Available days in April 2008