Day in history for April 14, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The bartender at the Island City Hall, who was hit with a chair by one of the rowdies there several weeks ago, is expected to recover.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Supervisors Blomberg and Vieriech have let the contract for a new roof for the courthouse to George Lee of Moline for $159.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Students of the elocution and conservatory departments of Augustana College gave a program last night before an audience that filled the chapel. 'The Merchant of Venice' was the principal number.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Golden Easter eggs. That's what Rock Island Post No. 200, American Legion, and its auxiliary are arranging to please the boys and girls for the community Easter egg hunt at Long View Park. There will be 100 golden eggs.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Sales of new and used autos in the Quad-Cities soared to a gross of $408,748.34 during the first two days of the nine-day 'You Auto Buy Now' campaign. Fifty-three new and 73 used cars were sold Friday and 31 new and 69 used were reported on Saturday.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Sixteen fathers and their daughters from Brownie Troop 19 of McKinley School in Moline met Saturday at Highland Park bowl for their annual Dad-Daughter date afternoon. The day included lunch, bowling, and a guided tour of the equipment pins set-up.
Back: Available days in April 2008