Day in history for March 5, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- It is the intention of those who earlier gave their services to a benefit for the poor to hold a repeat performance in the hopes that this one will be attended by more than enough to meet expenses.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The freight tangle caused by heavy rains and consequent washouts of last month is straightening out and freight is rapidly being distributed.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- The Kramer Printing and Publishing Co. received papers of incorporation yesterday with capitalization at $35,000.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Coach K.E. Greene's Rock Island High School cagers scored a 45-28 Big Nine conference victory over Geneseo last night. Victory gave Rock Island a tie for sixth place in the conference standings.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Augustana College Players will present a psychological play, 'Return To Thine Own House,' at 8 p.m. March 28 in the Potter Hallas part of a program sponsored by the Rock Island County Mental Health Society.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- The Moline High School Concert Choir will perform Thursday at the national convention of the American Choral Directors Association in Nashville, Tenn. The 71-voice choir was selected from among hundreds of choirs and was listed by the ACDA as its top choice among high school choirs invited to perform at the convention.
Back: Available days in March 2008