Day in history for March 30, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- A load of hay, on Market Square, was blown over by the wind, Saturday, but soon put upright again by the means of a long chain, and a couple of yoke of oxen.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Squire Cropper turned into the city treasury today the sum of $36.45 in fines collected during the present month.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Rock Island High School's basketball team, including Voss and Liitt, forwards; Brennan, center; and Streckfus and Young, guards, won second place in the state tournament at Oak Park Saturday night, being defeated in the finals by Peoria, 48 to 29.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Town boards of Rock Island, South Rock Island, Black Hawk, Moline and South Moline townships will not recommend to the annual town meetings of those townships next Tuesday that tax levies for poor relief adequate to meet the full burden of relief be voted.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Moline's Wharton Fieldhouse is being mentioned as home base for a Quad-City basketball team in the National Industrial Basketball League next winter, the league announced during its annual winter meeting in Moline during the weekend.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Jobless workers can be retrained without fear of losing unemployment benefits under a program coming to the Quad-Cities this summer.
Back: Available days in March 2008