Day in history for February 3, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The ice dealers expect a rise in the price of their product due to the present mild weather. Wait awhile: the winter is not yet over.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- One load of hay from Davenport and a load of wood constituted the entire marketable produce on Market Square this morning.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Members of the Modern Woodman of America are considering plans for building a large auditorium in Rock Island, it was announced today.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- A field of eight candidates for the Republican mayoral nomination, a Democratic race for mayor with two contestants and various contests in the aldermanic field will feature Rock Island's primary election March 14.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Moline Community College opened classes for its second semester with 528
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Federal and postal employees' union will rally to protest President Reagan's proposal to have them covered by Social Security rather than by their own pension system. Federal workers see the Reagan proposal as as 'short-sighted' attempt to bail Social Security out.
Back: Available days in February 2008