Day in history for February 25, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- The Democrats of the 3rd Ward meet Saturday at the Union School on Public Square to nominate a straight party ticket for aldermen and supervisors.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Ice on the Mississippi River was almost entirely covered by water last evening. The ferry bell is likely to be a most welcome sound in the near future.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- This evening will see the first open movement in Republican national politics in Rock Island when a meeting will be held in Turner Hall to form a Taft Club.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- More than 700 persons attended the third in a series of organization and 'buy-at-home' campaign meetings sponsored by the Tri-City Federation of Labor last night.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Persons who use Black Hawk State Park in Rock Island this summer will have to pay for the privilege. A fee of 10 cents for each car and for each occupant over 12 years of age in the car will be charged. Or a $2 sticker may be purchased for year-round use of Black Hawk or other state parks in Illinois.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- A pool of stagnating water and floating debris that mars the entrance to the city of Rock Island's baseball diamond complex along Andalusia Road should be covered up and landscaped by the end of the summer.
Back: Available days in February 2008