Day in history for February 22, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- A company of well-known performers are holding forth at Island City Hall. The entertainment consists of some very laughable farces.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The work of repairing the outside of Central Presbyterian Church will begin soon.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- A meeting of launch- and pleasure-craft owners will be held Feb. 27 for the purpose of forming a club. The meeting will be at the public library.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Autos of 31 spectators at the United Township-Rock Island basketball game in East Moline last night were taged by police on improper parking charges. Majority of the cars were parked in such a position that it would be impossible for a fire engine to travel through the area.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- A year of testing and study has yielded a three volume, 5-inch thick report which tells Milan officials where and how stormwater is infiltrating their sewer system. Repairing those leaks may cost about $225,000 although no definite repair estimate is yet ready. Leaking manhole covers are the major culprit.
Back: Available days in February 2008