Day in history for February 10, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Whistler, at his grocery store, already has on hand a fresh supply of seeds for the spring. The assortment is still good.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- J.S. Gilmore took dust from no one yesterday as he drove the fastest team in Rock Island.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Several persons were seriously injured last night when a bobsled collided with an automobile on 45th St. near 7th Ave.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Action was taken by the Rock Island County Bar Association at a special meeting this morning looking toward a sharp reduction in the schedule of attorney fees in foreclosures and proceedings on judgment notes.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- A total of 72 births including 40 girls and 32 boys were reported during the month of January in Rock Island. Included in the total were two sets of twins, all girls, born to Mr and Mrs. Robert J. O'Connell and Mr and Mrs. Charles L. Muscovalley.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Moline school officials say they will lease as many of the eight buildings to be closed this year as possible,and will maintain vacant structures rather than board them up or sell them. Moline school officials are finding they must consider all sorts of things when they close seven elementary schools and a junior high this summer.
Back: Available days in February 2008