Day in history for January 7, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Next to promptness in the discharge of business matters, the best and most effective way to increase trade and create confidence in the public's mind is to advertise liberally and wisely.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The Harrison Dramatic company will present 'Viva' or 'A Sister's Sacrifice' at the Harper Theater next Friday.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- An ordinance was introduced at the meeting of the city council last night which would ask the public to approve a $1,000 saloon license fee.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Harry L. Wilson, Rock Island, was endorsed for deputy game warden of this county last night at a membership meeting of the Rock Island Boat Club.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Earl H. Beling, Moline, today offered eight acres of land situated south of Black Hawk Rd. and east of Fruitland Addn. to Fruitland residents for recreational purposes.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Moline Public Hospital will eliminate 100 jobs during the next two months to avoid a new round of rate hikes, administrator Tyler Schoenherr said today. 'This is not a layoff; this is a staff reduction,' We don't have any indication that we'll be calling them back within the year.' Hospital officials want to reduce the employee-patient ratio. Public's current employee-patient ratio is the highest in the Quad-Cities.
Back: Available days in January 2008