Day in history for January 30, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Bishop Whitehouse of Illinois will conduct services in Trinity Episcopal Church on Wednesday.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- The Rev. George Traub of Peoria will be the speaker tonight at the 20th St. Lutheran Church.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- 'The Lily and the Prince,' a romantic drama in four acts, starring Mildred Holland will open at the Illinois Theater tonight.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Charlotte Krick, Rock Island girl who took first place in the senior piano division of the contest sponsored by the Tri-City Symphony Orchestra and LaVerne Flambo, Augustana College student and winner in the vocal division of the contest, will be the featured soloists with the orchestra at the concert Feb. 12.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Carbon Cliff may enlarge Grade School -- Construction of an eighth classroom at the Carbon Cliff School was discussed at a meeting of the school board Tuesday.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Soprano Stephanie Sundine, one of the featured singers with the New York City Opera, will return to the Quad-Cities next weekend for a homecoming concert with the Tri-City Symphony. The Moline native will be in the solo spotlight with the orchestra at concerts on Friday and Saturday in Augustana College Centennial Hall and next Sunday in Davenport Masonic Temple.
Back: Available days in January 2008