Day in history for January 24, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Himes and Clippinger is offering for sale 300 pounds of bees wax and 700 bushels of Pennsylvania hair plastering.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- Iowa corn continues to find a steady and well paying market in Rock Island County and the bridge carries a steady stream of farmers to the city.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- Forty-one pupils of the Rock Island elementary grades will graduate at the end of this week.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- Former Alderman George E. Bartholomew today announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for mayor of Rock Island. The primaries will be held March 14. Judge Ben D. Farrar was reelected president of the Rock Island Rod and Reel Club at last night's annual meeting.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Deere And Co. will add a new member to its Quad-City family when the new East Moline Parts Depot begins operations at 8 Monday morning.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Thomas G. Getz, president of Moline Forge Co., has been elected president of the Illowa Council of the Boy Scouts of America. The council represents 300 organizations in an 8 county area in Illinois and Iowa serving over 3,000 adult volunteers and about 9,000 youth members. Getz is a former Bettendorf city treasurer and Augustana College board member and has been acrive in a wide range of community actitives.
Back: Available days in January 2008