Day in history for January 10, 2008
- 1858 -- 150 years ago
- Attention is directed to the advertisement of Dr. Fischel, announcing a reduction in his price for dental operation. Also, as justice of the peace, he will be on hand when required.
- 1883 -- 125 years ago
- A resident of 1st Ave. today declared that the mercury reached 28 below, but The Argus insists that 20 below was as cold as it got yesterday.
- 1908 -- 100 years ago
- About 125 couples from the Tri-City area were present at a dance and card party last night sponsored by the Red Men's Club.
- 1933 -- 75 years ago
- For the first time in the history of Rock Island County a lie detector machine was brought into use in the investigation of a crime in the county.
- 1958 -- 50 years ago
- Boxing, a sport which has for sometime been in a deep sleep in the Quad-Cities, makes another comeback attempt on Jan. 23 at the Rock Island Armory. It was announced today that the second annual charity boxing show of B'nai B'rith Lodge no. 1016 of the Tri-cities will be held that night in the armory.
- 1983 -- 25 years ago
- Natural gas prices may be up 25 percent nationally, but the increase in the Quad-Cities has been lower -- about 15 percent. The average Iowa-Illinois Gas And Electric residential customer is paying about 15 percent more for natural gas this winter than a year ago.
Back: Available days in January 2008