Day in history for December 7, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. McDonald is on hand with a complete company of good performers. He will open tomorrow night at Smith's Hall with 'Othello.' He intends to make Rock Island his headquarters for the winter.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. Truesdale sold his three-year-old Jersey heifer 'Teresa' to Valentine Dauber for $100.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- A force of more than 40 men was started on a night shift in the small arms department of the Rock Island Arsenal to make parts for the Springfield rifle.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The cash retail price of milk last night was reduced two cents per quart, from 10 to eight cents, by 14 Quad-Cities dealers buying milk from the Quality Milk Assn., a cooperative organization of producers. The new price will go into effect tomorrow morning.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island YWCA will open the Christmas season Sunday with the traditional 'Hanging of the Greens' in the clubrooms. The vesper service will be at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Eugene Darling of Memorial Heights Methodist Church will be the speaker.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline American Legion Post 246 is sponsoring a Cubs Caravan Jan. 10 at the post to help finance construction of the $250,000 ballpark complex they plan to develop on 37 acres in the southeast corner of Green Valley Park.
Back: Available days in December 2007