Day in history for December 6, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Last Wednesday we visited the school in District No. 1. The order was good and the attention of the scholars was excellent.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- E.W. Spencer today finished installing four Italian marble mantles into the elegantly remodeled home of E.P. Reynolds.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Funds in the county treasury are exhausted, according to a report at a meeting of the board of supervisors.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Recreational activities sponsored by the Rock Island Playground and Recreation Commission, especially those planned for the unemployed, showed a large participation, according to the monthy report of Mel H. Hodge, superintendent.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Government Bridge over the Mississippi River opened at noon today after being closed in April for a major overhaul and repainting. Col. D.L. Hine, commanding officer of Rock Island Arsenal, cut the ribbon officially opening the span during a short ceremony.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Work will begin this spring on the first phase of a $15 million residential-commercial complex planned for construction between 38th and 44th streets on Black Hawk Road in Rock Island. The complex, in the planning stages for 18 months, will be called Rock Valley Plaza Shopping Center.
Back: Available days in December 2007