Day in history for December 3, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A new hair restorer is being put up in bottles of different sizes. It is said to be a superior article to prevent the hair from falling out and also to restore it.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Since the advent of cold weather, the coal and stove dealers have been kept on the jump supplying customers. However, no complaints of overwork have been heard from them.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island city Council last night took steps to modernize the police and fire alarm systems in this city. Telephones will be installed in all alarm boxes.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rock Island business district will be dressed in new holiday attire for christmas and New Year. Plans for decorations were made at a meeting last night in Johnson's Cafeteria. Streamers will carry such sayings as 'Merry Christmas' and 'Happy New Year.'
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A newly endorsed appeal for a flasher signal and other improvements at East Moline's 'death curve' on N. 19th St. was being prepared today for state highway authorities.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Local school officials who lobbied hard against a proposal by Gov. James Thompson to neutralize the state property tax muliplier say they are relieved the Illinois Senate has killed the plan. One cloud has passed over us without raining.
Back: Available days in December 2007