Day in history for December 29, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The sum of $100 has been offered for the apprehension of the incendiary who caused the late destructive fire in Moline.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- George J. M. Colburn, a fireman on the C.R. I. And P. railroad, sprained his ankle seriously while getting down from his engine.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Buzzers club will entertain its friends at a dance this evening at the Harms hotel. A dinner will precede the dancing.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The construction of a new 81 foot silo type elevator to replace the wooden structure destroyed by fire last fall has been completed by the Taylor Ridge Elevator company. The new elevator is concrete and is a 4-section structure having a capacity of 10,000 bushels.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- An order to prepare plans and specifications for use by contractors in submitting bids on the planned fire station for Colona Rd. is expected to be issued this week.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Craig Kolb's class in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) paid off in only 23 days. Kolb, a volunteer firefighter with the Coyne Center Fire Department, saved eight month old Ryan Egan Tuesday night. Mrs. Egan said Ryan has been running a fever from a respiratory infection. Just before 11 p.m., he went into a seizure and convulsions from the high fever.
Back: Available days in December 2007