Day in history for December 28, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We received a call from some of the miners of Coal Valley Monday. They informed us that the miners who had gone back to work had again stopped.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Those automatic door closers at the Post Office will not serve the purpose long. Some of them already require considerable tinkering to make them work.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Buzzers Club will entertain friends at a dance this evening at the Harms Hotel.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Reports from a Chicago newspaper source today are that Gov. Henry Horner has let it be known that he favors the election of State Representative Thomas P. Sinnett, Rock Island, for speaker of the House of Representatives when the Legislature organizes in January.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- One towboat has arrived in the Quad-Cities and two more were due to leave St. Louis today, bound for the area and will arrive next week if favorable weather continues.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Robin Boyd, Silvis, was the winner in the WQUA Radio Christmas prize package drawing. She was presented a $1,230 by Doris Matson, WQUA manager. With the winner were her family, husband, Tom, and children, Eric and Heather. They can put the money to good use since her husband is unemployed at this time. He will be going to Oklahoma soon to work on oil well rigs.
Back: Available days in December 2007