Day in history for December 27, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Christmas day came off without anything of a stirring nature happening. Business generally was suspended and each individual enjoyed the day as he wished.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Deputy Sheriff Ankrum bought a nice 5-year-old mare this morning from Liveryman Tindall.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Dow Van Dine, Rock Island third baseman, has been sold to Dubuque. Van is a good, reliable player.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- One of the best-known and best-loved radio entertainers in radio today will be heard in an interview over station WHBF next Saturday. He is Charles J. Correll, formerly of Rock Island, better known to millions of radio fans as Andy Brown in the 'Amos 'n' Andy Show.'
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The annual Christmas bird census will be taken by members of the Tri-City Bird Club Sunday in an all-day field trip of the Quad-Cities area.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Rock Island County sheriff's reserve was sworn in today and will begin active duty Jan. 3. Seventeen volunteers took the oath and were welcomed by Rock Island County Sheriff Gordy Powell. All have completed several months of training in law enforcement, firearms and civil papers. Reserves will team up with full-time deputies to transport prisoners, serve civil legal papers and patrol the county.
Back: Available days in December 2007