Day in history for December 26, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Dealers in poultry must have realized a good sum from sales yesterday. Every other man we saw on the street looked as though he had bought a fowl. How the tender bones will crack today.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Peter Frey, Rock Island, has a setting hen which yesterday hatched out eight chickens of her brood.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Nellie Jenks has arrived home from Sioux City, Iowa, for a few days visit.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Confronted with sudden developments in Davenport the two Rock Island banks, State Bank of Rock Island and the Rock Island Bank and Trust Co., decided today to immediately place in effect the 60-day restriction on withdrawal of savings deposits. The Union Savings Bank and Trust Co. of Davenport will borrow $7 million from the Reconstruction Finance Corp to pay off 50 per cent of the bank's deposits.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Despite the apparent objection of two or three beavers, maintenance men at Rock Island Arsenal have succeeded in reopening the storm sewer outlet.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Snowstar, the Quad-Cities only ski resort, is in its second year and has doubled its size and is anticipating a near-doubling of business this season. Snowstar's first year surpassed expectations with about 28,000 lift tickets sold.
Back: Available days in December 2007