Day in history for December 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Some evil disposed persons on the other side of the river appear determined to get up a big fire there. They have had three fires and a false alarm since Saturday.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The mild weather continues today and Rock Island residents having business in Davenport find it advisable to take the railroad bridge.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- William Klockau, proprietor of the wagon repair shop in Rock Island, has let a contract for the building of an automobile repair shop and garage to be erected north of the present building at 4th Ave. and 16th St.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Hugh C. Bambrick, Rock Island, was elected president of the Letter Carriers Branch No. 292 last night at the Pythian Hall, Rock Island.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The Hillsdale Methodist Woman's Society of Christian Service last night sponsored a Christmas party for a ward of 110 men at East Moline State Hospital. The society conducted games, awarded prizes, served refreshments and presented a small gift to each patient.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Residents of the Quad Cities probably won't get a white Christmas this year. According to the National Weather Service, the area has received only one-half inch of snow so far this year. The area's snowfall in below average this year.
Back: Available days in December 2007