Day in history for December 20, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Many feet of sidewalk were laid in different portions of the city over the past week. All others should comply with the city ordinance.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- People have wondered why the bell for the First Ward engine house has been rung so often lately. The answer is that there have been a great many birthday anniversaries for the boys to celebrate.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- One of the most cheering signs of the times in Rock Island is the revival of industry at the plant of the Rock Island Plow Co. More men are being put to work to satisfy the demand.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rev. Edward M. Farrell, former assistant rector of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Rock Island and now director of the Guiding Angel Orphanage of Peoria, will address the men of Sacred Heart parish at a meeting in the school auditorium tomorrow night.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A forecast of clear skies and mild temperatures for tomorrow promises an end of the 'slush storm' which hit the Quad-Cities area early this morning, leaving 1.09 inches of moisture.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Irish Rugby Football Club of the Quad Cities elected its officers. They are Earl Strupp, president; Mike Grothusen, vice president; Ron Klafffke, treasurer, and Mike Watkins, match secretary.
Back: Available days in December 2007