Day in history for December 19, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The annual meeting of the Rock Island County Agricultural Society will be held Wednesday at the courthouse to elect officers for the coming year.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- John Evans, the popular liveryman of Rock Island, has moved to his new quarters opposite the west side of the Post Office on 17th St. It is the largest and most complete livery stable in the three cities.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Margaret Giles, who recently was appointed visiting nurse for the city by the Visiting Nurse Assn., began her work the first part of this week.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The second Santa Claus fund frolic will be held over radio station WHBF. It will continue as long as there is someone to pledge a gift to the cause of making little children happy.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The annual Christmas dance for members of Oak View Country Club and their guests will be Saturday night at the club. Music for dancing will be provided by 'The Five Sharps,' a local orchestra.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A tip of the hat is in order for members of Doric Masonic Lodge 319 in Moline, who are providing about $6,000 to buy microcomputers for Moline's elementary schools. The gift is important. How to operate and program them - is going to be nearly as important as reading and writing within a few years.
Back: Available days in December 2007