Day in history for December 17, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A Rock Island man, acquitted for stealing a gold watch, appeared before Magistrate Swander the next day, charged with keeping it in his possession after it was stolen.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The 'hack sleighs' have been doing a lively business all day on the ice between Rock Island and Davenport. The ice is now quite thick and many people are using it instead of the bridge.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Illinois Supreme Court today granted an injunction restraining Rock Island from paying any of its indebtedness because of having exceeded the legal debt limit.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Dramatic Club of Rock Island High School opened the stage season at the school last night with the presentation of the three act comedy, 'Honor Bright.' Arno Denecke and Margaret Strang played the leading roles.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A resolution declaring the leaning wall at 7th Street and 20th Avenue a public nuisance was unanimously approved by members of the East Moline Council last night.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Vera Chaney, Cleo Koonts and Lynn Wilkinson have one very special thing in common. They care. For the 17th consecutive year, Chaney, 89, has spearheaded the dressing of a minimum of 100 dolls for use as gifts by The Daily Dispatch Good Fellow committee at Christmas time.
Back: Available days in December 2007