Day in history for December 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- A hay stack near Negus' stable, belonging to an Irishman living on Water Street, was discovered to be on fire. The Western boys were promptly on the ground. They used all the hose they had, 500 feet, but this was not quite enough.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The 500 men and 50 teams employed on the canal work at Moline were again thrown out of work today when the ice gorge forced the water back through the government gates near Sears' mill and flooded the pool.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Margaret Giles, who has been appointed visiting nurse for Rock Island, has just completed a special course of work under Chicago authorities
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Jack Herman, of Peoria, walked into Magistrate John T. Bauer's office yesterday to ask for a 'dime for a cup of coffee,' but beginning this morning he is getting his coffee regularly at the county jail.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island's municipal swimming pool in Long View Park has been accorded the highest rating of AA by the division of sanitary engineering, Illinois Department of Public Health.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating Redstone Theaters' purchase of five other Quad-Cities movie houses to see if the deal violates federal anti-trust laws, a department spokesman said today.
Back: Available days in December 2007