Day in history for December 13, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We hope folks in the country will commence pouring in their chickens, turkeys, geese, butter and eggs before the holidays arrive.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The weather changed suddenly during the night. A sharp west wind arose and the mercury this morning was just a few degrees above zero. Warm weather is expected again tomorrow.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Arrangements for the usual Christmas charity of the Rock Island Associated Charities were planned at a meeting of the directors. Contributions for the needy will be received until Christmas.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Sam Ryerson, Rock Island, Republican county recorder since 1912, filed a petition yesterday in the Rock Island County Court to contest the election of John Devine, Rock Island, Democrat, officially declared winner of the post by a margin of 207 votes.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- The new and distinctive dining room and cocktail lounge, The Louisianne, will observe its grand opening in the Harper House tomorrow. Remodeling of the hotel and establishment has followed a New Orleans, or Old South, decorating scheme.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Circa '21 Dinner Playhouse, Rock Island, has received a declaratory ruling from the Illinois Department of Labor permitting children younger than 16 to appear on stage in any upcoming productions.
Back: Available days in December 2007