Day in history for December 12, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The annual meeting of the Rock Island County Agricultural Society will be held Jan. 6 in the courthouse.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The little oil heater and illuminator in car No. 1 of the Milan line has proved so complete a success that the heater also will be installed in car No. 2 immediately.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Louis James, one of the greatest exponents of Shakespeare, will appear as Falstaff in the play 'The Merry Wives of Windsor' at the Illinois Theater.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Messiah, Handel's famous oratorio, will be presented at Augustana College gymnasium next week for unemployed residents and their families, one of the Rock Island Playground and Recreation Commission's community night events.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- An informal discussion of a planned 1,700-acre industrial park on Big Island and along Andalusia Road, in and near Rock Island's annexed territory, was carried out last night by a few members of Rock Island's City Council and Planning Commission.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Two Augustana College alumni returned to fill solo roles for this year's presentation of 'Messiah' by the Handel Oratorio Society. Soprano Suzanne Johnson (class of 1959) and tenor Robert Johnson (class of 1957) were given a warm greeting by Quad-Citians in Centennial Hall.
Back: Available days in December 2007