Day in history for December 11, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The ladies of the Rock Island Second Presbyterian Church will hold their annual festival at the home of William L. Lee on Dec. 22.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Fred Krell has just received a handsome and unique lot of Christmas tree ornaments. They are different from anything ever seen in this city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The specifications for the new printing plant for Modern Woodmen of America have been completed and bids for construction will be opened Dec. 17.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- H.E. Wendel of Rock Island was elected for his 10th term as president of the Illinois Division No. 313, Street Railway Employees union in the balloting at the Rock Island car barns of the Tri-City Railway Co. yesterday.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Rock Island's new $600,000 elementary school, 38th St. and 38th Ave., has a name today. After months of indecision, the Rock Island Board of Education last night christened the modern, functional building, Horace Mann School.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline High School students who organized the annual Share Joys fundraiser were told that they would have a difficult time reaching their goal of $3,215 this year because of the poor economic climate. But much to the surprise of all, students collected a whopping $5,050 during the three-day event.
Back: Available days in December 2007